Jin-Jian Lu Assistant Professor
Academic Qualifications| Teaching | Research | Selected
Publications | Comunity Service | Contact
- PhD: Shanghai Institute of Meteria Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- PhD Courses: Drug Discovery
- MSc Courses: Targets and Models for Drug Screen, Progress in Contemporary Study of Chinese Medicine
- Leading compounds discovery for cancer therapy and mechanism study for the active chemicals.
- Screening, mechanism study and application of autophagy regulators for cancer treatment.
- Mechanism study of drug resistance for the targeted therapy drugs.
We are looking for PhD students, master students and research assistants who are interested in oncological pharmacology. For further information, please contact Dr. Lu (email@example.com).
- Advances of Chinese medicines for cancer therapy. People's Medical Publishing House Co. LTD. ISBN: 978-7-117-16227-2/R·16228. October, 2012.
Dr. Lu has published more than 100 scientific papers in the professional journals, such as Free Radical Biology & Medicine, Redox Biology, Biochemical Pharmacology, Oncotarget, and Scientific Reports. etc. (h-index=25, google scholar, Mar 17, 2017)
* Corresponding or co-corresponding author, #Co-first author
- Tang ZH, Cao WX, Wang ZY, Lu JH, Liu B, Chen X, Lu JJ*. Induction of reactive oxygen species-stimulated distinctive autophagy by chelerythrine in non-small cell lung cancer cells. Redox Biology. 2017, 12: 367-76.
- Tang ZH, Cao WX, Su MX, Chen X, Lu JJ*. Osimertinib induces autophagy and apoptosis via reactive oxygen species generation in non-small cell lung cancer cells. Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology. 2017, 321: 18-26.
- Xu XH, Zhang LL, Wu GS, Chen X, Li T, Chen X*, Wang YT, Lu JJ*. Solasodine induces apoptosis, affects autophagy, and attenuates metastasis in ovarian cancer cells. Planta Medica. 2017, 83(3-4): 254-60.
- Wang YF, Xu YL, Tang ZH, Li T, Zhang LL, Chen X, Lu JH, Leung CH, Ma DL, Qiang WA, Wang YT, Lu JJ*. Baicalein induces Beclin 1- and extracellular signal-regulated kinase- dependent autophagy in ovarian cancer cells. The American Journal of Chinese Medicine. 2017, 45(1): 123-36.
- Li T, Chen X, Chen XP, Ma DL, Leung CH, Lu JJ*. Platycodin D potentiates proliferation inhibition and apoptosis induction upon AKT inhibition via feedback blockade in non-small cell lung cancer cells. Scientific Reports. 2016, In Press.
- Tang ZH, Jiang XM, Guo X, Fong CM, Chen XP, Lu JJ*. Characterization of osimertinib (AZD9291)-resistant non-small cell lung cancer NCI-H1975/OSIR cell line. Oncotarget. 2016, 7(49): 81598-610.
- Tang ZH, Chen X, Wang ZY, Chai K, Wang YF, Xu XH, Wang XW, Lu JH, Wang YT, Chen XP, Lu JJ*. Induction of C/EBP homologous protein-mediated apoptosis and autophagy by licochalcone A in non-small cell lung cancer cells. Scientific Reports. 2016, 6: 25241.
- Zhang LL, Xu YL, Tang ZH, Xu XH, Chen X, Li T, Ding CY, Huang MQ, Chen XP, Wang YT, Yuan XF*, Lu JJ*. Effects of alisol B 23-acetate on ovarian cancer cells: G1 phase cell cycle arrest, apoptosis, migration and invasion inhibition. Phytomedicine. 2016, 23(8): 800-9.
- Zhang LL, Tian K, Tang ZH, Chen XJ, Bian ZX, Wang YT*, Lu JJ*. Phytochemistry and pharmacology of Carthamus tinctorius L. The American Journal of Chinese Medicine. 2016, 44(2): 197-226.
- Chen X, Wu QS, Meng FC, Tang ZH, Chen XP, Lin LG, Chen P, Qiang WA, Wang YT, Zhang QW*, Lu JJ*. Chikusetsusaponin IVa methyl ester induces G1 cell cycle arrest, triggers apoptosis and inhibits migration and invasion in ovarian cancer cells. Phytomedicine. 2016, 23(13): 1555-65.
- Xu XH, Li T, Fong CM, Chen XP, Chen XJ, Wang YT, Huang MQ*, Lu JJ*. Saponins from Chinese medicines as anticancer agents. Molecules. 2016, 21: 1326.
- Wang YF, Tang ZH, Li T, Xu XH, Chen XP, Wang Y, Wang YT, Lu JJ*. Baicalein protects tert-butyl hydroperoxide-induced hepatotoxicity dependent of reactive oxygen species removal. Molecular Medicine Reports. 2016, In Press.
- Bao H, Zhang LL, Liu QY, Feng L, Ye Y, Lu JJ*, Lin LG*. Cytotoxic and pro-apoptotic effects of cassane diterpenoids from the seeds of caesalpinia sappan in cancer cells. Molecules. 2016, 21(6): 791.
- Ren GW, Luo WW, Sun W, Niu YN, Ma DL, Leung CH, Wang YT, Lu JJ*, Chen XP*. Psoralidin induced reactive oxygen species (ROS)-dependent DNA damage and protective autophagy mediated by NOX4 in breast cancer cells. Phytomedicine. 2016, 23(9): 939-47.
- Wang L, Wang YF, Wang XQ, Sun L, Zhou ZZ, Lu JJ*, Zheng Y*. Encapsulation of low lipophilic and slightly water-soluble dihydroartemisinin in PLGA nanoparticles with phospholipid to enhance encapsulation efficiency and in vitro bioactivity. Journal of Microencapsulation. 2016, 33(1): 43-52.
- Tang ZH, Zhang LL, Li T, Lu JH, Ma DL, Leung CH, Chen XP, Jiang HL, Wang YT, Lu JJ*. Glycyrrhetinic acid induces cytoprotective autophagy via the inositol-requiring enzyme 1α-c-Jun N-terminal kinase cascade in non-small cell lung cancer cells. Oncotarget. 2015, 6(41): 43911-26.
- Tang ZH, Li T, Tong YG, Chen XJ, Chen XP, Wang YT, Lu JJ*. A systematic review of the anticancer properties of compounds isolated from Licorice (Gancao). Planta Medica. 2015, 81: 1670-87.
- Li T, Xu XX, Tang ZH, Wang YF, Leung CH, Ma DL, Chen XP, Wang YT, Chen Y, Lu JJ*. Platycodin D induces apoptosis and triggers ERK- and JNK-mediated autophagy in human hepatocellular carcinoma BEL-7402 cells. Acta Pharmacologica Sinica. 2015, 36(12): 1503-13.
- Li T, Tang ZH, Xu WS, Wu GS, Wang YF, Chang LL, Zhu H, Chen XP, Wang YT, Chen Y, Lu JJ*. Platycodin D triggers autophagy through activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase in hepatocellular carcinoma HepG2 cells. European Journal of Pharmacology. 2015, 749: 81-8.
- Wang YF, Li T, Tang ZH, Chang LL, Zhu H, Chen XP, Wang YT*, Lu JJ*. Baicalein triggers autophagy and inhibits the protein kinase B/mammalian target of rapamycin pathway in hepatocellular carcinoma HepG2 cells. Phytotherapy Research. 2015, 29, 674-9.
- Chen XJ, Tang ZH, Li XW, Xie CX, Lu JJ*, Wang YT*. Chemical constituents, quality control, and bioactivity of Epimedii Folium (Yinyanghuo). The American Journal of Chinese Medicine. 2015, 43(5): 783-834.
- Lu JJ*, Lu DZ, Chen YF, Dong YT, Zhang JR, Li T, Tang ZH, Yang Z. Proteomic analysis of HepG2 hepatocellular carcinoma cells treated with platycodin D. Chinese Journal of Natural Medicines. 2015, 13(9): 673-9.
- Xu W, Li T, Qiu JF, Wu SS, Huang MQ*, Lin LG, Zhang QW, Chen XP, Lu JJ*. Anti-proliferative activities of terpenoids isolated from Alisma orientalis and their structure-activity relationships. Anti-Cancer Agents in Medicinal Chemistry. 2015, 15(2): 228-35.
- Zhang MY, Lu JJ*, Wang L, Gao ZC, Hu H*, Ung OL, Wang YT. Development of monoclonal antibodies in China: Overview and prospects. BioMed Research International. 2015, 2015: Article ID 168935, 10 pages.
- Zhu H*, Liao SD, Shi JJ, Chang LL, Tong YG, Cao J, Fu YY, Chen XP, Ying MD, Yang B, He QJ, Lu JJ*. DJ-1 mediates the resistance of cancer cells to dihydroartemisinin through reactive oxygen species removal. Free Radical Biology & Medicine. 2014, 71: 121-32.
- Tang ZH, Li T, Chang LL, Zhu H, Tong YG, Chen XP, Wang YT, Lu JJ*. Glycyrrhetinic acid triggers a protective autophagy by activation of extracellular regulated protein kinases in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 2014, 62(49): 11910-6.
- Tang ZH, Li T, Gao HW, Sun W, Chen XP, Wang YT, Lu JJ*. Platycodin D from Platycodonis Radix enhances the anti-proliferative effects of doxorubicin on breast cancer MCF-7 and MDA-MB-231 cells. Chinese Medicine. 2014, 9: 16.
- Li T, Xu WS, Wu GS, Chen XP, Wang YT*, Lu JJ*. Platycodin D induces apoptosis, and inhibits adhesion, migration and invasion in HepG2 hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention. 2014, 15(4): 1745-9.
- Xu WS, Li T, Wu GS, Dang YY, Hao WH, Chen XP, Lu JJ*, Wang YT*. Effects of furanodiene on 95-D lung cancer cells: apoptosis, autophagy and G1 phase cell cycle arrest. The American Journal of Chinese Medicine. 2014, 42(1): 243-55.
- Xu WS, Dang YY, Chen XP, Lu JJ*, Wang YT*. Furanodiene presents synergistic anti-proliferative activity with paclitaxel via altering cell cycle and integrin signaling in 95-D lung cancer cells. Phytotherapy Research. 2014, 28(2): 296-9.
- Wu GS, Song YL, Yin ZQ, Guo JJ, Wang SP, Zhao WW, Chen XP, Zhang QW, Lu JJ*, Wang YT*. Ganoderiol A-enriched extract suppresses migration and adhesion of MDA-MB-231 cells by inhibiting FAK-SRC-paxillin cascade pathway. PLoS ONE. 2013, 8(10): e76620.
- Wu GS, Guo JJ, Bao JL, Li XW, Chen XP, Lu JJ*, Wang YT*. Anti-cancer properties of triterpenoids isolated from Ganoderma lucidum—A review. Expert Opinion on Investigational Drugs. 2013, 22(8): 981-92.
- Wu GS, Lu JJ*, Guo JJ, Huang MQ, Gan L, Chen XP, Wang YT*. Synergistic anti-cancer activity by the combination of dihydroartemisinin and doxorubicin in breast cancer cells. Pharmacological Reports. 2013, 65 (2): 453-9.
- Lu JJ, Bao JL, Wu GS, Xu WS, Huang MQ, Chen XP*, Wang YT*. Quinones derived from plant secondary metabolites as anti-cancer agents. Anti-Cancer Agents in Medicinal Chemistry. 2013, 13(3): 456-63
- Xu WS, Dang YY, Guo JJ, Wu GS, Lu JJ*, Chen XP, Wang YT*. Furanodiene induces endoplasmic reticulum stress and presents anti-proliferative activities in lung cancer cells. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2012, 2012: Article ID 426521, 8 pages.
- Wu GS, Lu JJ*, Guo JJ, Li YB, Tan W, Dang YY, Zhong ZF, Xu ZT, Chen XP, Wang YT*. Ganoderic acid DM, a natural triterpenoid, induces DNA damage, G1 cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in human breast cancer cells. Fitoterapia. 2012, 83(2): 408-14.
- Lu JJ*, Bao JL, Chen XP, Huang M, Wang YT*. Alkaloids isolated from natural herbs as the anti-cancer agents. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2012, 2012: Article ID 485042, 12 pages.
- Lu JJ*, Yang Z, Lu DZ, Wo, XD, Shi JJ, Lin TQ, Wang MM, Li Y, Tang LH. Dihydroartemisinin-induced inhibition of proliferation in BEL-7402 cells: An analysis of the mitochondrial proteome. Molecular Medicine Reports. 2012, 6(2): 429-33.
- Lu JJ, Pan W, Hu YJ*, Wang YT*. Multi-target drugs: The trend of drug research and development. PLoS ONE. 2012, 7(6): e40262.
- Lu JJ, Chen SM, Ding J*, Meng LH*. Characterization of dihydroartemisinin-resistant colon carcinoma HCT116/R cell line. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry. 2012, 360(1-2): 329-37.
- Lu JJ, Dang YY, Huang M, Xu WS, Chen XP*, Wang YT*. The anti-cancer properties of terpenoids from Rhizoma Curcumae—A review. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 2012, 143(2): 406-11.
- Lu JJ, Cai YJ*, Ding J*. The short-time treatment with curcumin sufficiently decreases cell viability, induces apoptosis and copper enhances these effects in multidrug-resistant K562/A02 cells. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry. 2012, 360(1-2): 253-60.
- Huang M, Lu JJ#, Huang MQ, Chen XP, Wang YT*. Terpenoids: natural products for cancer therapy. Expert Opinion on Investigational Drugs. 2012, 21(12): 1801-18.
- Tan W, Lu JJ#, Huang MQ, Li YB, Chen MW, Wu GS, Gong J, Zhong ZF, Xu ZT, Dang YY, Guo JJ, Chen XP*, Wang YT*. Anti-cancer natural products isolated from Chinese medicinal herbs. Chinese Medicine. 2011, 6: 27.
- Lu JJ, Cai YJ*, Ding J*. Curcumin induces DNA damage and caffeine-insensitive cell cycle arrest in colorectal carcinoma HCT116 cells. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry. 2011, 354(1-2): 247-52.
- Lu JJ, Chen SM, Zhang XW, Ding J*, Meng LH*. The anticancer activity of dihydroartemisinin is associated with induction of iron-dependent endoplasmic reticulum stress in colorectal carcinoma HCT116 cells. Investigational New Drugs. 2011, 29(6): 1276-83.
- Lu JJ, Meng LH*, Shankavaram UT, Zhu CH, Tong LJ, Chen G, Lin LP, Weinstein JN, Ding J*. Dihydroartemisinin accelerates c-MYC oncoprotein degradation and induces apoptosis in c-MYC-overexpressing tumor cells. Biochemical Pharmacology. 2010, 80(1):22-30.
- Lu JJ, Meng LH*, Cai YJ, Chen Q, Tong LJ, Lin LP, Ding J*. Dihydroartemisinin induces apoptosis in HL-60 leukemia cells dependent of iron and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase activation but independent of reactive oxygen species. Cancer Biology & Therapy. 2008, 7(7):1017-23.
Please click here for the full publications.
- Member of 2nd Prize of Natural Science: Macao Science and Technology Awards (2014)
- Member of 2nd Prize of Natural Science: Macao Science and Technology Awards (2012)
- Member: International Society for Chinese Medicine, Chinese Association of Integrative Medicine, Chinese Chemical Society, Chinese Pharmacological Society, Chinese Society for Cell Biology, Chinese Society for Microbiology
- Editorial Board: American Journal of Cancer Therapy and Pharmacology, Chinese Journal of Cancer Prevention and Treatment, SRL Oncology & Hematology
- Referee for peer-reviewed academic journals: More than 30 professional journals, including Oncotarget, Free Radical Biology & Medicine, Expert Opinion on Investigational Drugs, PLoS ONE, RSC Advances, Tumor Biology, etc.
- Referee for projects: National Natural Science Foundation of China
N22-7014, Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences
University of Macau
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa, Macao