Huanxing Su (蘇煥興)
B. Med Zhejiang University
MPhil The Chinese University of Hong Kong
PhD The University of Hong Kong
1. Biomedical Statistics
2. Anatomy and Physiology I
3. Anatomy and Physiology II
4. Final Year Projects
1. Targets and Models for Drug Screen
2. Research Ethics
3. Functional Food Product Development in Chinese Medicine
1. Investigating the etiology, pathophysiological changes and functional consequences of cerebral small vessel diseases and finding effective treatments.
2. Elucidating molecular mechanisms underlying the development of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease and using human induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) to establish drug discovery models for neurodegenerative diseases.
Our group are recruiting 2-3 post-doc fellows who have research backgrounds in the neuroscience and cerebral vascular diseases. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Selected publications in the past 3 years (* corresponding author)
1. Shi Z, Ren H, Huang Z, Peng Y, He B, Yao X, Yuan T, Su H*. Fish oil prevents Lipopolysaccharide -induced depressive-like behavior by inhibiting neuroinflammation. Mol Neurobiol. 2017 54:7327-7334. (IF 6.19)
2. Huang X, Chen Y-Y, Shen Y, Cao Y, Li A, Liu Q, Li Z, Zhang L-B, Dai W, Tan T, Arias-Carrion O, Xue Y-X, Su H* and Yuan T-F*. Methamphetamine abuse impairs motor cortical plasticity and function. Molecular Psychiatry 2017 Sep;22(9):1274-1281. (IF 13.2)
3. Chong CM, Ai N, Ke M, Tan Y, Huang Z, Li Y, Lu JH, Ge W, Su H*. Roles of Nitric Oxide Synthase Isoforms in Neurogenesis. Mol Neurobiol. 2017 Apr 18. doi: 10.1007/s12035-017-0513-7. (IF 6.19)
4. He B, Zheng M, Liu Q, Shi Z, Long S, Lu X, Pei Z, Yuan TF, Su H*, Yao X. Injected Amyloid Beta in the Olfactory Bulb Transfers to Other Brain Regions via Neural Connections in Mice. Mol Neurobiol. 2017 Feb 16. doi: 10.1007/s12035-017-0446-1. (IF 6.19)
5. Ren H, Yang Z, Luo C, Zeng H, Li P, Kang JX, Wan JB, He C, Su H*. Enriched Endogenous Omega-3 Fatty Acids in Mice Ameliorate Parenchymal Cell Death After Traumatic Brain Injury. Mol Neurobiol. 2017 Jul;54(5):3317-3326. (IF 6.19)
6. Ren H, Luo C, Feng Y, Yao X, Shi Z, Liang F, Kang JX, Wan JB, Pei Z, Su H*. Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids promote amyloid-β clearance from the brain through mediating the function of the glymphatic system. FASEB J, 2017 Jan;31(1):282-293. doi: 10.1096/fj.201600896. (IF 5.49)
7. Luo C, Liang F, Ren H, Yao X, Liu Q, Li M, Qin D, Yuan TF, Pei Z, Su H*. Collateral blood flow in different cerebrovascular hierarchy provides endogenous protection in cerebral ischemia. Brain Pathology. 2016 Nov 15. doi: 10.1111/bpa.12458. (IF 5.27)
8. Shi Z, Ren H, Luo C, Yao X, Li P, He C, Kang JX, Wan JB, Yuan TF, Su H*. Enriched Endogenous Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Protect Cortical Neurons from Experimental Ischemic Injury. Mol Neurobiol. 2016 Nov;53(9):6482-6488. (IF 6.19)
9. Luo C, Yao X, Li J, He B, Liu Q, Ren H, Liang F, Li M, Lin H, Peng J, Yuan TF, Pei Z, Su H*. Paravascular pathways contribute to vasculitis and neuroinflammation after subarachnoid hemorrhage independently of glymphatic control. Cell Death Dis. 2016 Mar 31;7:e2160. (IF 5.96)
10. Tan Y, Ren H, Shi Z, Yao X, He C, Kang JX, Wan JB, Li P, Yuan TF, Su H*. Endogenous Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) prevents Aβ1–42 oligomers induced neuronal injury. Mol Neurobiol. 2016 Jul;53(5):3146-53. (IF 6.19)
11. Yang X, Li J, Liang T, Chen H, Hanagata N, Su H*, and Xu M*. Antibacterial activity of two-dimensional MoS2 sheets. Nanoscale 2014 Aug 7;6(17):10126-33. (IF 7.36)
12. seLuo C, Ren H, Wan JB, Yao X, Zhang X, He C, So KF, Kang JX, Pei Z, Su H*. Enriched endogenous omega-3 fatty acids in mice protect against global ischemia injury. J Lipid Res. 2014 May 29;55(7):1288-1297. (IF 4.81)
1) Mechanistic studies on cell cycle and cell division during cell reprograming (Ministry of Science and Technology 973 program of China; Project Code: 2012CB966802; Duration: 2012, 01-2016, 12). PI.
2) Application of induced pluripotent stem cells in treatment of multiple sclerosis (Start-up Research Grant (SRG) 2012; Project Code: SRGO14.ICMS12-SHX; Duration: 2012, 01-2012, 12). PI.
3) Using patient-derived induced pluripotent stem cells for drug screens for efficacy and preclinical predictive toxicology (Multi-year research grant from the University of Macau; Project Code: MYRG122 (Y1-L3)-ICMS12-SHX; Duration: 2012, 06-2015, 05). PI.
4) Therapeutic potentials of ginsenoside and neural progenitor cell transplantation in stroke (Multi-year research grant from the University of Macau; Project Code: MYRG110 (Y1-L2)-ICMS13-SHX; Duration: 2013, 05-2016, 04). PI.
5) Therapeutic potentials of a combination of ginsenoside Rd administration and neural progenitor cell transplantation in stroke (Macao Science and Technology Development Fund; Project Code: FDCT 003/2012/A; Duration: 2012, 10-2014, 04). PI.
6) Using patient-specific induced pluripotent stem cells to establish drug screening platforms for neurodegenerative diseases (Macao Science and Technology Development Fund; Project Code: FDCT 018/2013/A1; Duration: 2014, 01-2016, 12). PI.
7) Driving metabolite clearance from the brain to maintain its homeostasis via activating the Glymphatic System and exploring its underlying mechanisms (Macao Science and Technology Development Fund; Project Code: FDCT 063/2015/A2; Duration: 2016, 01-present). PI.
8) Mechanistic studies on the development of cerebral small vessel diseases and therapeutic potentials of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in the treatment of cerebral small vessel diseases and vascular cognition impairment (Macao Science and Technology Development Fund; Project Code: FDCT 020/2017/A1; Duration: 2017, 08-present). PI.
9) Driving metabolite clearance from the brain to maintain its homeostasis via activating the Glymphatic System (Multi-year research grant from the University of Macau; Project Code: MYRG2016-00184-ICMS-QRCM; Duration: 2017, 01-present). PI.
10) Roles and action mechanisms of SENP3 in autism (FDCT-NSFC; Project Code: FDCT 039/2017/AFJ; Duration: 2018, 01-present). PI.
Room 7036, N22
Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences (ICMS)
University of Macau
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa, Macau
Telephone: (853) 8822-8518
Fax: (853) 2884-1358