Postgraduate House application
Important Notice before making PGH application:
- Due to the limited number of bed spaces in PGH, the University ensures bed spaces for the new non-local students in their first year of study in postgraduate programmes. The PGH applications of the other grades of postgraduate students may not be approved, particularly for those whose programmes of study are beyond the normal study period. The Student Resources Section allocates bed spaces according to the bed spaces allocation priority sequence stated in the PGH Rules.
- Besides the submission of PGH application, students is also required to acknowledge the PGH Move-in Declaration. The PGH application will be completed only after the submission of the declaration.
- Students must approach PGH to perform the move-in procedure in person starting from the approved move-in date. If students are not able to move in within 14 days of the approved move-in date, there will be no bed space reserved for arrival.
- PGH residence fee is charged monthly no matter which day of the month you move in (please refer to the Student Housing website for fees and charges information), except August. Thus, student will be charged the full month’s residence fee if s/he move in at any day by that month.
- The debit note for PGH residence fee will be issued to your UM account in the Student Information Web Services around 1 month after the completion of move-in procedure. Please pay attention to it.
- Starting from academic year 2018/2019, students can only stay in single rooms and suites for one academic year (i.e., from summer stay to 2nd semester). The single rooms and suites are reallocated all over again every academic year
- Currently single rooms and suites are fully occupied. When there are available bed spaces, vacancies will be opened for application. In general, the change room application (change to single room) will be opened in August (for 1st semester) and January (for 2nd semester). If the number of applicants is more than our number of vacancies, the Postgraduate House point system or lucky draw will be adopted to determine successful applicants. Any room changing request received before/after the room changing application period will not be entertained.
- Married couples are eligible for suites only if both individuals are registered UM postgraduate students. If any one of the individuals does not continue registering as UM postgraduate student, the married couple shall move-out from the suite. The individual who is still registering as UM postgraduate student will be assigned to a bed space in a shared room.
- Cancellation must be sent to email@example.com in advance of the approved move-in date. Otherwise the refund amount (if any) will be affected.
- Students must live in the designated rooms as assigned by the Student Resources Section (SRS). SRS has the rights to arrange and rearrange bed spaces for students.
- The Student Housing staff do their best to match students according to the sleeping times indicated on the PGH applications, but cannot be guaranteed. Please understand that personal behaviors change from time to time.
- In order to implement large scale maintenance and deep cleaning, all students staying in PGH need to be rearranged to another bed spaces during summer time.
- Students must reserve the move-out procedure at the Management Company at least 72 hours (3 days) before the move-out time/date, if not, a handling fee of MOP500 will be charged. Receipt will be issued by the Management Company after the appointment made (please keep it for further reference). For example, if a student would like to move out on 31 Jul (11:00am), s/he shall make the reservation via the Management Company on/before 28 Jul (11:00am).
- Students who have NOT moved out by the deadline, besides residence fee, overstay penalty will be imposed until completion of move out procedure / PGH application of coming semester / summer stay. The overstay penalty ranges from MOP140 to MOP400, depending on the room type.
- Students are responsible to visit the website of PGH Student Housing to understand the PGH fees and charges, and guidelines and rules.
- Below is the application schedule for your reference:
5 - 19 March 2018
|Application for Summer Stay 2018 and 1st Semester of Academic Year 2018/2019||
- Application details will be announced in the Bulletin.
- Please note that due to the limited bed spaces, it is not guaranteed that all the received accommodation applications will be approved.
- Late application will NOT be considered and entertained or subject to penalties. Any decision made by the Student Resources Section shall be final.
|Application for 2nd Semester|
Application Procedures (Only applicable to the application period as stated in the above schedule. Application result will only be sent to students' UM mailbox):
Please refer to the coming student e-bulletin:
1. Log in the link as stated in the student e-bulletin with your student I.D. and password;
2. Fill in the form;
3. Ensure the application information is filled correctly before submission as changes are not allowed once the submission is made;
4. Upon completion, click "Submit"
5. A confirmation email will be sent to your student's UM mail if your application is successfully submitted. Otherwise, please review your application and re-submit it again.
- Due to the limited number of bed spaces in PGH, the received accommodation application is not guaranteed for approval, it is subject to availability.
- Students should read and complete the form carefully.
- Please ensure the application information is filled correctly before submission, no change is allowed after submission.
- The alert will pop-up at the top-left corner if there is any missing field.
- This form serves as application only, the final arrangement is subject to availability and lucky draw (when the number of applicants exceeds the number of available beds).
- Late application will NOT be considered and entertained or subject to penalties.
- Any decision made by the Student Resources Section shall be final.