The conference services provide alternative communication channels to our users. The services assist UM members in the organization of online meetings, presentations, interviews, teaching and learning activities such as:
- Online PhD oral defense
- Online PhD or Master student recruitment
- Online staff recruitment
- Online webinar
- Multi-parties (on or off campus) online meeting
- Real time online teaching and global classroom
Zoom Cloud-Based Web Conference
ICTO subscribes a Zoom Cloud-Based Web Conference service. The only equipment needed to connect to the Zoom conferencing software is a computer, mobile or tablet with camera and microphone. It allows user to hold meeting, interview, Oral Defense, Conference, Virtual classroom or Webinar from their own device (computer, mobile or tablet etc.) simultaneously with up to 50 participants per host.
Zoom Cloud-Based Web Conference allows real-time point-to-point communications as well as multicast communications from one sender to many receivers. It offers data streams of text-based messages, voice and video chat to be shared simultaneously, across geographically dispersed locations.
Once you have started or joined a meeting, you can perform the following actions:
- Invite someone to join the meeting via email
- Share your desktop or specific application window for presentation
- Remote control
- Group or private chat
- Mute/unmute audio
- Stop/start video
- Dial-out another user to join your meeting by phone device
- Record the meeting session (To avoid violation of the Personal Data Protection Act, if you are going to record the session during the Zoom meeting, please have the consent of the participants first)
In order to cope with different needs, ICTO provides the below accounts:
|TYPES OF ACCOUNTS||TARGET USERS||PURPOSE||MEETING DURATION||STEP(S) TO USE|
|Basic Account||All UM staff and students||One to one, or multi-parties online meeting||One to one meeting: unlimited
Multi-parties meeting: up to 40 mins
|Read and agree with the user agreement of Zoom Cloud-Based Web Conference Service on ICTO Account Information Page, then use your PC LAN account to login with SSO method|
|T＆L Account (Teaching and Learning Account)||Academic staff and teaching assistants||Teaching and learning activities||Unlimited||Please view the page:https://ctle.umac.mo/resources/zoom/|
|Faculty Account||Academic units||-Online PhD oral defense
-Online PhD or Master student recruitment
-Online academic staff recruitment
Please contact your Faculty staff to schedule a meeting
DeptID = your Faculty ID
|Residential College Account||Residential college||Academic and student activities||Unlimited||Please contact your Residential College staff to schedule a meeting
DeptID = your College ID
|Webinar Account||All UM Staff||Large video broadcast meeting or online meeting (Over 50 participants)||Unlimited||Please contact ICTO to schedule a meeting|
Download Zoom Client to start
Please click here to download and install the Zoom client for Windows or Mac.
For Android, please visit Google Play to download the Zoom application.
For iOS, please visit the Apple App Store Apple App Store to download the Zoom application.
Hardware Based Video Conference
ICTO has set up two hardware based video conference (VC) systems at N6-2022 and E6-G111f. Users can host or join the Zoom Cloud Based Web Conference meeting using the VC system in the mentioned meeting rooms. It can also provide internet-based real time collaboration for meetings, presentations, teaching and learning activities with the participants around the world using H.323 or SIP protocol. It delivers high-quality video, multi-party conferencing(up to 3 parties).
Video Conference Meeting room at N6-2022
Video Conference Meeting room at E6-G111f
To reserve the video conference service at N6-2022 or E6-G111f:
- Access to UM Web Service (Staff) web page in your browser;
- Login with your username and Lotus Notes Internet password;
- Select Venue Booking in the menu on the left;
- Click Application Form ;
- Select ICTO for Venue Dept;
- Select E6-G111F or N6-2022;
- Choose the Date and Time;
- Click Meeting for usage category;
- Enter your contact number;
- Click Submit button.
Equipment list of the meeting rooms with VC capacity
*Zoom cloud based web conferencing can be anywhere with your own equipment, but you may also reserve the following equipment or meeting rooms via ICTO for better experience.
|ICTO-NB-01 ~ ICTO-NB-06||
|ICTO-MC-01 ~ ICTO-MC-02||
- User Guide of Zoom Cloud-based Web Conference Services
- User Guide of VC system (hardware base)
- What types of Zoom accounts are available?
- How do I get started with Zoom cloud base web conference service?
- How do I sign in with basic account or T＆L account for Zoom web conference?
- How do I sign in with faculty, RC or Webinar Zoom account?
- Where do I find the mobile app for Zoom?
- Where can I host the Zoom meeting?
- Can I invite people outside UM to join a Zoom web conference meeting?
- How many participants can join a Zoom meeting?
- How do I schedule a Zoom meeting?
- All staff
Service Available Hours
- Mon – Sun
Service Support Hours
- Mon – Thu
09:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 17:45
09:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 17:30
Support / FAQs
- Please visit ICTO Knowledge Base for more details of “Conferencing”
- ICTO Help Desk
- Location : Room 2085, 2/F, Central Teaching Building (E5)
- Telephone : 8822 8600
- Email : icto.helpdesk