Wai LEUNG 梁少偉
Academic Qualifications | Teaching
| Research | Selected
Publications | Contact Details
- BSc in
Biochemistry, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- MPhil in
Biochemistry, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- MSc in
Artificial Intelligence, The University
- PhD in
University of Edinburgh,
- Biomedical Informatics (MCMC115)
Medical informatics for evidence-based medicine, particularly in artificial intelligence and knowledge management for translational medicine
Distributed multi-agent systems for scientific experimentation, particularly in automated experimentation
Social computing for evaluating scientific evidence, particularly in open systematic reviewing and open meta-analysis of clinical trials and omics experiments
Systems biology and pathway medicine, particularly in signaling pathway modelling
Bioinformatics and structural biology, particularly in DNA linguistics for sequence assembly and structural modelling
- Jia Y, Chen C, Ng CS, Leung S (2012) Meta-Analysis of randomized controlled trials on the efficacy of di’ao xinxuekang capsule and isosorbide dinitrate in treating angina pectoris. Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2012:9041-47. Available at: http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=3310218&tool=pmcentrez&rendertype=abstract
- Jia Y, Huang F, Zhang S, Leung S (2012) Is danshen (Salvia miltiorrhiza) dripping pill more effective than isosorbide dinitrate in treating angina pectoris? A systematic review of randomized controlled trials. International Journal of Cardiology. 157(3):330–40. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21251721
- Leung S, Lee J, Johnson C, Robertson D (2012) Design preferences and cognitive styles: experimentation by automated website synthesis. Automated Experimentation. 4:2. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3386886/?tool=pmcentrez&rendertype=abstract
- Jia Y, Zhang S, Huang F, Leung S (2012) Could ginseng-based medicines be better than nitrates in treating ischemic heart disease? A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Complementary Therapies in Medicine. 20(3):155–66. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22500665
- Ng C, Wang S, Cheong J, et al. (2012) Systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials comparing Chinese patent medicines compound danshen dripping pills and di’ao xinxuekang in treating angina pectoris. Journal of Chinese Integrative Medicine. 10(1):25–34. Available at: http://www.jcimjournal.com/en/showAbstrPage.aspx?articleID=jcim20120105
- Jia Y, Huang F, Zhang S, Leung S (2012) Assessment of the quality of randomized controlled trials in treating coronary heart disease by Chinese patent medicine. Chinese Journal of Integrated Traditional and Western Medicine. 32(4):560-68. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov /pubmed/22803444
- Jia Y, Bao F, Huang F, Leung S (2011) Is tongxinluo more effective than isosorbide dinitrate in treating angina pectoris? A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 17(12):1109–17. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22132707
- Jia Y, Zhang S, Bao F, Huang F, Leung S (2011) Indirect comparison of tongxinluo capsule and danshen dripping pill for angina pectoris: a systematic review. Chinese Journal of Evidence-based Medicine. 11(8):919-31. Available at: http://www.crd.york.ac.uk/crdweb/ShowRecord.asp? LinkFrom=OAI&ID=12011005718
- Leung S, Quan X, Besana P, et al. (2011) OpenKnowledge for peer-to-peer experimentation in protein identification by MS/MS. Automated Experimentation. 3(1):3. Available at: http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=3377912&tool=pmcentrez&rendertype=abstract
- Leung S (2012) Correcting statistical reporting of CHINESE MEDICINE. World Congress on Good Medical Research. 6-9 June, Vienna, Austria.
- Leung S (2011) Evidence-based, integrative, and systems approaches to Chinese medicine. The 4th CLSS-UK (Chinese Life Scientists Society in UK) North Life Science Symposium. 25 June. Edinburgh, UK.
- Leung S (2010) Open systematic reviewing. International Workshop on Computational Ecology. 30 November-3 December, Okinawa, Japan.
- Gerloff D, Quan X, de Pinninck A, Besana P, Leung S, Schorlemmer M, Robertson D (2009) Bioinformatics experimentation in a new agent-based infrastructure OpenKnowledge. Network Tools and Applications in Biology (NETTAB) Workshop. 10-13 June, Catania, Sicily, Italy.
- Leung S (2009) Open and distributed technologies for evidence-based medicine. Conference on Evidence-Based Medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine. 22-24 May, Guangzhou, China.
- Leung S, Robertson D (2008) Experimentation with DNA grammars in analysing E. coli promoter sequences. Living Texts: Textual Analysis and Biology. 16-17 October, Edinburgh, UK.
Services and Honors
- Editor-in-Chief, CHINESE MEDICINE journal (BioMed Central)
- Fellow (FSB), Society of Biology, UK
- Fellow (FRSPH), Royal Society for Public Health, UK
- Honorary Fellow, College of Science and Engineering, University of Edinburgh, UK
Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences
University of Macau
Office: room 2056, N22
Telephone: (853) 8822-8524
Fax: (853) 2884-1358
E-mail address: email@example.com