| Teaching | Research | Selected Publications | Qualifications
| Contact Details
- Postdoctoral, University of Montreal
- Ph.D, Sichuan University
- M.A, Sichuan University
- B.A, Harbin Engineering University
- International Business and
Law for Medicine (CMED709)
- Research Methodology
- Research Ethics (GRSC801)
- Pharmaceutical Care
- Pharmaceutical Technology
- Pharmaceutical Innovation System
- Health Industry Management
- Institutional Change of Traditional
Selected Publications in English
- Chen X, Ung CO, Hu H*, Liu X, Zhao J, Hu Y, Li P, Yang Q. Community Pharmacists' Perceptions about Pharmaceutical Care of Traditional Medicine Products: A Questionnaire-Based Cross-Sectional Study in Guangzhou, China. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2016; 2016: 7801637.
- Hafsi T, Hu H*. Sectoral innovation through competing logics: The case of antidepressants in traditional Chinese medicine. Technological Forecasting and Social Change. 2016; 107:80-9.
- Song M, Guo H, Chen H, Hu H*. Characteristics of anti-cancer drug studies registered on the Chinese Clinical Trial Registry (ChiCTR) from 2007 to 2015. Journal of Evidence-Based Medicine. 2016; 9(2): 59–68.
- Ung COL, Chao CK, Hu Y, Zhao J, Li P, Wang Y, Hu H*. 2016. Community pharmacists' understanding, attitudes, practice and perceived barriers related to providing pharmaceutical care: a questionnaire survey in Macao. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 15(4):847-54.
- Cai, Y., Li, X., Li, M., Chen, X., Hu, H.*, Ni, J., & Wang, Y. 2015. Traceability and quality control in traditional Chinese medicine: from chemical fingerprint to two-dimensional barcode. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2015, 2015:251304.
- He, T. T., Hu, H.∗ & Wang, Y. T. 2015. Implementation status and barriers of good manufacturing practice (GMP) for Chinese patent medicine. African Journal of Traditional, Complementary and Alternative Medicines, 12(4): 56-64.
- He, T. T., Ung, C.O.L., Hu, H.*, & Wang, Y. T. 2015. Good manufacturing practice (GMP) regulation of herbal medicine in comparative research: China GMP, cGMP, WHO-GMP, PIC/S and EU-GMP. European Journal of Integrative Medicine, 7(1): 55–66.
- Hu, H., & Chung, C.C.* 2015. Biopharmaceutical innovation system in China: System evolution and policy transitions (Pre-1990s-2010s). International Journal of Health Policy and Management, 4(12): 823–829.
- Hu, H., & Chung, C.C. 2015. The innovation and modernisation of 'herbal pieces' in China: System evolution and policy transitions (1950s–2010s). European Journal of Integrative Medicine, 7(6): 645-649.
- Hu, H., & Hafsi, T. 2015. Entrepreneurial social capital and reciprocal dependence effects on strategy: An empirical study of CROs in China. International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, 24(2): 208-232.
- Hu, H. & Zhang, L. M. 2015. Catch-Up of Chinese pharmaceutical firms facing technological complexity. International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management, 12(4): 1550017.
- Lai, Y.F., Lu, J. J., Hu, H.*, Wang, Y. T. 2015. Analysis of the current situation of antitumor drug use in China: A hospital-based perspective. Therapeutic Innovation & Regulatory Science, 49(1):181-193.
- Li, X. W., Chen, Y. N., Lai, Y. F., Yang, Q.,* Hu, H.*, & Wang, Y. T. 2015. Sustainable utilization of traditional Chinese medicine resources: systematic evaluation on different production modes. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2015:218901.
- Song, M., Ung, C. O. L., Hu, H., & Wang, Y. 2015. Community pharmacists' perceptions about pharmaceutical care of OTC western medicine: a survey in Harbin of China. International Journal of Clinical Pharmacy, 37(6): 1014-1020.
- Yu, X. W., Hu, H., Chen, X. P., Hu, Y., & Wang, Y. T. 2015. Technology road mapping for innovation pathways of fibrates: a cross-database patent review. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 14(8): 1459-1467.
- Zhang, M.Y., Li, J., Hu, H.*, & Wang, Y. 2015. Seizing the strategic opportunities of emerging technologies by building up innovation system: monoclonal antibody (mAb) development in China. Health Research Policy and System, 13:64.
- Zhang, M.Y., Lu, J.J., Wang, L., Gao, Z.C., Hu, H.*, Ung, C.O.L. & Wang, Y.T. 2015. Development of monoclonal antibodies in China: Overview and prospects. BioMed Research International, 2015: 168935.
- Duan, G. M., Qiu, L., Yu, W. P., & Hu, H.* 2014. Outpatient service quality and doctor-patient relationship: A study in Chinese public hospital. International Journal of Services, Economics and Management, 6(1): 97-111.
- Ge, S., He, T.T., & Hu, H*. 2014. Popularity and customer preferences for over-the-counter Chinese medicines perceived by community pharmacists in Shanghai and Guangzhou: a questionnaire survey study. Chinese Medicine, 2014, 9:22.
- Ma, Z. Q., Hu, H.*, Zhang, M. Y., He, T. T., Guo, H., Chen, M. W., & Wang, Y. T. 2014. An assessment of traditional Uighur medicine in current Xinjiang region (China). African Journal of Traditional, Complementary and Alternative medicines, 11(2): 301-314.
- He, T. T., Hu, H.*, & Wang, Y.T. 2014. From low tech to modern industry: A study of traditional Chinese medicine sector in Guangdong, China. Journal of Science & Technology Policy Management, 5(3): 247-264.
- Ng, W., & Hu, H*. 2014. From medicine to food: Evolution of TCM health food sector in China. International Journal of Transitions and Innovation Systems, 3(3/4):291-306.
- Qiu, L., Chen, Z. Y., Lu, D. Y., Hu, H.*, & Wang, Y. T. 2014. Public funding and private investment for R&D: a survey in China's pharmaceutical industry. Health Research Policy and Systems, 12:27.
- Qiu, L., Yu, Y. Y., Liu, J. J., Hu, H.*, & Wang, Y. T. 2014. For-profit medical institutions in China: Current status analysis and comparation with non-profit ones. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Health Services Research, 5(1):37-47.
- Shi, Y. Z., Hu, H.*, & Wang, C. 2014. Contract Research Organizations (CROs) in China: Integrating Chinese research and development capabilities for global drug innovation. Globalization and Health, 10: 78.
- Shi, Y. Z., Hu, H., & Wang, Y. T. 2014. Technology uncertainty and technology sourcing: Case study of biopharmaceuticals in China. International Journal of Business Innovation and Research, 8(5):566-580.
- Yu, W. P., Chen, Y., Duan, G. M., Hu, H.*, Ma, H. S., & Dai, Y. 2014. Patients' perceptions of day surgery: A survey study in China. Hong Kong Medical Journal, 20(2): 134-138.
- Yu, Y. Y., Ma, Z. Q., Hu, H.*, & Wang, Y. T. 2014. Local government policies and pharmaceutical clusters in China. Journal of Science and Technology Policy Management, 5(1):41-58.
- Zhang, M. Y., Chong, W. K Chong, Hu, H.*, & Wang, Y. T. 2014. Pharmacy-perceived consumer preferences: A survey of community pharmacies in Macau. Journal of Medical Marketing, 14(1): 41–48.
- Chao, W. C., Hu, H.*, Ung, C. O. L., & Cai, Y. 2013. Benefits and challenges of electronic health record system on stakeholders: A qualitative study of outpatient physicians. Journal of Medical Systems, 37(4): 9960.
- Chen, M. W., Zhang, J. M., Lai, Y. F., Wang, S. P., Li, P., Xiao, J., Fu, C. M., Hu, H., & Wang, Y. T. 2013. Analysis of Pogostemon cablin from pharmaceutical research to market performances. Expert Opinion on Investigational Drugs, 22(2): 245-257.
- Io, U. M., Hu, H.*, & Ung, C. O. L., 2013. Physicians' and pharmacists' experience and expectations of the roles of pharmacists: Insights into hospital setting in Macao. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 12(6): 1077-1085.
- Shi, H. H., Chen, M. W., Shi, Y. Z., Hu, H.*, & Wang, Y. T. 2013. Challenges and prospects for monoclonal antibodies in China. Journal of Commercial Biotechnology, 19(2): 48-54.
- Zhang, N., Liu, J. J., Hu, H.*, & Wang, Y. T. 2013. Cultural consideration in branding strategy of Chinese Patent Medicine: Field study in Singapore, Guangzhou and Hong Kong. Journal of Medical Marketing, 13(3): 160-170.
- Zhang, L. M., Lam, W. O., & Hu, H.* 2013. Complex product and system, catch-up, and sectoral system of innovation: A case study of leading medical device companies in China. International. Journal of Technological Learning, Innovation and Development, 6(3):283-302.
- Lai, Y. F., Lu., J. J., Chen, X. P., Hu, H.*,& Wang, Y. T. 2012. Analysis of anti-cancer traditional Chinese Medicine Injections based on market performance. World Science and Technology/Modernization of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Materia Medica, 14(5): 1958-1962.
- Hu, H.*, & Hafsi, T. 2010. Strategic change in a shifting institutional context: East and west China. Journal of Change Management, 10(3): 293-313.
Hu, H., & Zhang, L. M. 2014. Rebuild Value
Logics: Business Model Innovation in the Chinese Pharmaceutical Industry.
Beijing: Tsinghua University Press. (In Chinese)
of Chinese Medical Sciences
Room 2057, Research Building N22, University of Macau
Universidade, Taipa, Macau
Fax: (853) 2884-1358