Step 1: Find out more about UM student exchange programmes and application procedures
(Click for details)
- Read through the Exchange Partner Directory and this website.
- Attend Exchange Programme & Outgoing Exchange Scholarship (OES) Briefings held in September (for 2nd semester) and January/February (for 1st semester). For more information about OES, please read through the OES booklet or visit OES's website.
- Check for application schedule, important dates and deadlines set by your faculty and Global Affairs Office.
Step 2: Choose your exchange university (Click for details)
- Look for your desired exchange programmes from the website offered by your faculty or GAO.
- Obtain details of selected institutions from office offering the exchange programme.
- Consult your programme coordinator about course selection, credit tranferability and academic advice.
Step 3: Apply for Xchange@UM (Click for details)
- Download the application form online from the website of the concerned faculty. Read the instructions and complete the form carefully.
- Obtain the required documents as set by the office in charge of the exchange programme.
- Submit your completed application form together with the required documents to the office in charge of the programme before application deadline.
- You may be invited to an interview, if required.
- Apply Outgoing Exchange Scholarship at the same time.
Step 4: Complete your application for the host university (Click for details)
- If your application at UM is successful, you will be notified by the concerned faculty through email.
- Complete the application form required by the host university for which you have been nominated by UM.
- Obtain any required documents set by the host university.
- Receive an offer of admission from the host university and other related information in due time.
Step 5: Pre-departure Preparation (Click details)
- Confirm with your programme coordinator on choice of courses selection.
- Inform your faculty’s general office, programme coordinator and academic advisor of result of application.
- Apply for the necessary visa.
- Make your flight arrangements.
- Obtain travel and health insurance (either with the host university or with an agent). Leave a copy of insurance policy and number to your family.
- Make dormitory arrangement during the period of exchange.
- Get tips from students of all “must-knows” about the exchange destination.
- Research on your exchange university, destination city and country.
- Obtain emergency contacts of persons in UM and leave a name of contact person of your host university to your family.
- Make sure you are in good health conditions.
- Pack your bag, and GO!
News and Announcements
Events & Activities
Scholarships, Fellowships and International Opportunities