Information on the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE®)
GRE® Revised General Test (Paper-based) and Subject Test
The English Language Centre serves as a test venue for Educational Testing Service (ETS) in Macau. All registration and other administrative queries are handled by ETS in the United States. The issuing of the registration confirmation document and the notification of registration status do not go through our Centre. Candidates do not receive any notification by phone or by mail from our Centre.
*The information below is for reference only. Please refer to Graduate Record Examination at http://www.ets.org/gre for the most updated information.
|2014 TEST DATES : To be confirmed|
*Reporting time: 8:30 a.m.
*Reporting venue: Central Teaching Building (CTB) - E7, 2nd Fl-oor, English Language Centre, University of Macau (New Campus).
ABOUT THE GRE TESTS
GRE Revised General Test (Paper-based)
The overall testing time for the GRE revised General Test (Paper-based) is about three hours and 30 minutes. There are six sections with a 10-minute break following the second section.
Structure of the Paper-based Test
Number of Questions
One "Analyze an Issue" task and
Approximately 25 questions per section
35 minutes per section
Approximately 25 questions per section
40 minutes per section
- For more details about the GRE Revised General Test (Paper-based), please refer to http://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/about/content/pbt/
- Free test preparation material available at http://www.ets.org/gre/greprep describes the test in more detail.
- The GRE revised General Test features a new score scale that can make it easier for schools to compare your GRE scores with the scores of other candidates. For more details about the new score scale, please refer to http://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/scores.
GRE Subject Test
- The Subject Tests are paper-based tests in eight subject areas. Subject Tests measure achievement in specific subject areas and assume undergraduate majors or extensive background in those disciplines. Testing time is 2 hours and 50 minutes
Each Subject Test is intended for students who have extensive background in one of these eight disciplines:
- Individuals who register for a Subject Test will be sent a free practice book that includes content topics covered in the test and detailed test specifications, a full-length test and answer key, and information to help them understand the scores they earn. This free material and additional test preparation material is also available at http://www.ets.org/gre/subject/prepare/.
- You must use the exact name and spelling of that name as shown on the primary ID document that you will present at the test centre. Do not register under a nickname.
- Test takers with credit/debit cards register for the paper-based General Test or a Subject Test online 24 hours a day at http://www.ets.org/gre/grereg. American Express, Discover, JCB, MasterCard, and VISA credit/debit cards accepted.
- Registration received after the regular registration deadline incurs a late fee of USD25.
- Late registration closes 1 week after the regular registration date and is only available if you register online.
- You will be asked to designate your score recipients when registering for the test.
- After you register for a paper-based test, you will receive an admission ticket by mail from ETS. You must bring the admission ticket to the test centre.
- Attached to your admission ticket is a correction stub. Use the correction stub to correct personal data, provide address changes, or to add, delete, or change score recipients. The correction stub must be received at ETS by the Friday before the test date.
- If your admission ticket does not arrive before the test date, or if you lose it, you can view and print your admission ticket at http://www.ets.org/gre/grereg.
- If you do not select score recipients when registering or on your correction stub by the Friday before your test date, you will need to submit an Additional Score Report Request form with USD25 per recipient.
RESCHEDULING OR CANCELING YOUR TEST
- You must reschedule or cancel your test no later than 3 full days before your test date (not including the day of your test or the day of your request) or your test fee will be forfeited. Call or write to the GRE Program with your name, date of birth, address, registration number, test date, preferred test centre, and new test date. Mailed requests must be received no later than 3 full days prior to your schedule test date. The rescheduling fee is USD50. You cannot transfer to the next testing year.
- If you cancel your General Test or Subject Test no later than 3 full days prior to your test date, you will receive a refund equivalent to half of the original test fee.
- Testing fees and registrations are not exchangeable between paper-based tests and computer-based tests.
FEES FOR TESTS
USD195 Revised General Test (Paper-based) USD150 Subject Test
ON THE TEST DAY
- Report to the test centre no later than 8:30 a.m. on the test date.
- Plan to be at the test centre up to 4 hours for the General Test or 3.5 hours for a Subject Test.
- You must have acceptable and valid ID with your name, signature, and recent and recognizable photograph to be admitted to a test centre. ID requirement are strictly enforced.
- Take 3 or 4 sharpened soft-lead (No. 2 or HB) pencils and a good eraser. Pencils and erasers will not be supplied at the centre. Mechanical pencils and pens are not permitted.
- Cell phones, PDAs, and BlackBerryR devices must be turned off and are not permitted on the writing surface.
SCORES & SCORE REPORTS
- GRE score reporting is cumulative. Current GRE Board policy states that your scores are reportable for 5 years. Your scores are retained for the 5 testing years following the testing year in which you tested. All scores earned during this time will be reported to each score recipient you designate.
- Scores reports are mailed to you and the score recipients you designated within 6 weeks.
CONTACTING THE GRE PROGRAMME
For all inquiries, please have the following information ready for telephone calls and written correspondence. Include it in any written correspondence exactly as you entered it on your registration form or answer sheet:
- Date of birth
- Test date
- Registration number
- Social Security number (if previously supplied)
- Telephone number (U.S. residents only)
Phone: 1-609-771-7670 (Monday - Friday 8 a.m.- 7:45 p.m. EST except for US holidays)
PO Box 6000
Princeton, NJ 08541-6000
For enquiries related Macau Test Site, please contact us at
email@example.com or by telephone: (+853)8822-8120 or (+853)8822-8122 during office hours.